Caring For and Maintaining Your Boat
- Basic Cleaning
- Maintain or Restore the Exterior
- Winterizing and De-Wintering Your Boat
- Hurricane Preparation
Cleaning your boat regularly will protect your investment for years to come. Use these tips and resources to help keep your boat clean and fresh smelling.
- Basic Boat Cleaning Tips
- Use Vinegar to Clean Your Boat
- Good Boatkeeping
- Get Rid of that Musty Boat Smell
Maintain or Restore the Exterior
The exterior of your boat, the gelcoat, tells a story about your boat. If it is chalky, the gelcoat could be oxidizing and in need of restoration. Learn how to keep your boat looking like new, or restore it to it's former glory.
- Maintaining or Restoring Gelcoat
- Boat Gelcoat Basics
- Signs of Gelcoat Oxidation
- Gelcoat Maintenance Plan
- Gelcoat Restoration
Winterizing and De-Wintering Your Boat
If you live in a climate that freezes in the winter, you will need to take extra steps to winterize and de-winterize your boat each year. Neglecting this important aspect of boat maintenance can cost thousands of dollars. Protect your boat's interior, exterior and engine by properly winterizing, de-winterizing and storing your boat for the winter.
- How to Winterize a Boat
- Winter Boat Maintenance Plan
- Boat Winterizing Checklist
- Choosing a Winter Storage Method
- How to Winterize the Engine and Drive System
If you live in a region that is impacted by the threat of hurricanes, these are must read articles pertaining to properly preparing your boat to weather a hurricane.